Social and economic well being for all Nova Scotians.
The Department of Community Services is committed to a sustainable social service system that promotes the independence, self-reliance, and security of the people we serve. This will be achieved through excellence in service delivery, leadership and collaboration with our partners.
- Self-reliant people, strong families and inclusive communities
- Strong, responsive and sustainable social service system
- Integrated, quality service delivery system
- Strong provider relationships and collaboration
- Leadership and the continuous pursuit of excellence
- Skilled, flexible workforce
More about us
- News Releases
- Our Services
- Meet this department's Minister, The Honourable Denise Peterson-Rafuse
The Honourable Denise Peterson-Rafuse
- Media Room
- Publications, Policies & Reports
- Related Legislation
The acts and regulations that govern our services.
- French Language Services
- Emergency Social Services
- Take part in our agencies, boards, commissions
See current opportunities.
- Employment Opportunities
- Routine Access Policy
- Our Dedication to Client Confidentiality
- Contact Us