Affordable Housing & Repairs
Architect: Kenneth J. Dacey and Associates
The provincial government offers a number of programs to help lower income households maintain, acquire or rent safe, adequate and affordable housing. We also have grants and loans for home repairs and additions, as well as mortgage funds to purchase or build modest houses.
Our programs will be of interest to low-income households, seniors and persons with disabilities.
Programs and resources
- Public Housing and Other Affordable Renting Programs
Programs to provide safe, adequate, and affordable rental accommodations for families and seniors on fixed or low incomes.
- Financial Assistance and Grant Programs for Homeowners
Programs to help lower income households maintain, acquire or rent safe, adequate and affordable housing.
- Housing Programs for Seniors
Programs to help seniors stay in their homes.
- Housing Programs for Persons with Disabilities
Programs for low-income persons with disabilities.
- Housing Programs for Landlords
Programs to help landlords offer safe, adequate and affordable housing for lower income households.
- Programs for Developers of Affordable Housing
Programs to promote the development of affordable housing for people with low to moderate incomes.
- Affordable Housing Projects
Between 2002 and 2012 Nova Scotia and its partners will be investing over $196 million dollars in affordable housing.
- Shelter Enhancement Program
This program supports shelters for women, children and youth who are victims of family violence.