|Photocopies||$.50 / page plus postage and handling|
|Microfilm print-outs||$.50 / page plus postage and handling|
|Large orders - 50+ pages||$10.00 / hour plus postage and handling|
|Microfilm duplication||$50.00 / reel plus postage and handling|
|Scanned images from NSARM website||$12.00 / image + cost of CD plus postage and handling|
|Digital imaging from original material||out-sourced|
|reel-to-reel to CD||$25.00 / hour + cost of CD plus postage and handling|
|cassette to CD||$25.00 / hour + cost of CD plus postage and handling|
Moving Image Reproduction
|VHS to DVD||$25.00 / hour + cost of DVD plus postage and handling|
|3/4 inch to DVD||$25.00 / hour + cost of DVD plus postage and handling|
|BetaCam, SP, Digital Beta, etc.||out-sourced|
|Vital Statistics||Information available at
|Marriage Bonds||Information available at
|School Attendance Records||$20.00 / item plus postage and handling|
|Levied in additonal to Reproduction Fees||$20.00 / file or item ($10.00 if copies client-generated) plus postage and handling|
|1 to 8 pages||$3.00 / (see above) + cost of copies|
|9 to 49 pages||$6.00 / (see above) + cost of copies|
|50 to 100 pages||$8.00 / (see above) + cost of copies|
|100+ pages||consult with staff|
|microfilm||$2.00 / reel to max. of $10.00|
|sound and video||$2.00 / cassette to max. of $10.00|
|CD and DVD||$1.00 / disc to max. of $5.00|
|Local Fax||cost of copies (no additional cost)|
|Long distance Fax||$1.25 / page + cost of copies|
|Educational||no charge for non-commerical / not-for-profit|
|Non-commerical||no charge for non-commerical / not-for-profit|
|Personal use||no charge for reference and research|
|Television and newspaper media||no charge for non-commecial, one-time use)|
|NS Archives website images captured off website||no charge|
Commercial publication and use
|standard print/electronic publications (books, periodicals, websites, CDs, etc.)||$50.00 / item ($100.00 / item outside Canada)|
|book covers, dust jackets, posters||$100.00 / item ($200.00 / item outside Canada)|
|media advertising||$200.00 / item|
|display purposes (stores, hotels, restaurants, etc.)||$200.00 / item|
Commerical / Public Broadcasting
|video / film||$100.00 / minute (30 sec. minimum charge)|
|sound recordings||$100.00 / minute (30 sec. minimum charge)|
|photos, scanned images||$100.00 / item ($200.00 / item outside Canada)|
|negotiable on item and intended-use basis|
- Publication/Use Fees for print/electronic publication, advertising and display purposes are for one-time only, non-exclusive use, over a 5-year period.
- Publication/Use Fees for public/commercial broadcasting purposes are for one-time only, non-exclusive use, with unlimited plays over a 5-year period.
- Subsequent use of material (i.e., other than for the purpose first negotiated or the 5-year limit), i.e. resales or in spin-off or related products (e.g. home videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, other new media uses, companion books, etc.) must be negotiated separately with the NS Archives; additional fees will be levied accordingly.
- Formal credit ('Nova Scotia Archives') is required for all uses of material; and formal citation of material ('Nova Scotia Archives, [collection title, name of photographer or negative number, as provided on supplied material]') where appropriate.
- Copyright and other rights requirements are the responsibility of the user; the NS Archives will not provide indemnity against losses or costs incurred by third-party claims of ownership or copyright.
- Images used for website publication must be displayed at a resolution not higher than 72 dpi.
- Items provided for publication and use may not be altered in any way without written permission from the NS Archives.