In R.R. McLeod, ''Historical Sketch of the Town of Shelburne, Nova Scotia'', Acadiensis, Vol. VIII, 1908, opposite p. 52C.
Bruce Fergusson, Place-Names and Places of Nova Scotia notes a new school house was erected about 1824. In 1903, the old Shelburne Academy moved across the street; the new Academy was completed in 1904.
Reference no.: NSARM Library: F120 AC1 J12, Vol. 8